
Millie Huffines, co-pilot.
We left State College late Friday night, drove until we were exhausted, woke up early Saturday morning, and pulled into TN late in the afternoon. Here's a picture of the Tennesee welcome center, where there was a billboard shaped like a giant guitar (check out the background of this picture), where Mark took a nap in the truck, and where I saw my first TN resident barefoot in a public restroom.

Moving in was a bit of an adventure, and I think we'll leave those complaints for later, but maybe this picture will give you an idea of what it was like:

All those stairs.... Even less fun than you would think.
But we're all settled now and very happy with the new place. We love our street, are happy with the neighborhood, and have already met some people on our nightly walks. Here are a few little pictures of our place...
This is the view from the red chair (next picture), through the living room, to the dining room, and with just a little peek at the kitchen. Some of you may recognize Pearl and Chris's old chair, and I have to say that it really fits in the house quite nicely.
Here's the living room looking the other direction. Beyond those double doors is a screened in porch (and Mark's good ol' mountain bike).
Our dining room set up. We really like all those trees out the window.
And here's Mark at work in his office, doing important things while I'm running around taking pictures and trying to get Millie to pose in front of the house.Hope that helps you visualize us in TN a little bit better. We'd love to hear from all of you and maybe you can come visit too!
Y'all come back now, y'hear?
6 comments:
Dear Mark and Sarah- Nice windows!! Hope to see you soon the place looks great!! GooooooooGators!!!!!!!!!! -Karl and Zoe
Wow! What a beautiful house. I love what I can see of the kitchen, and everything looks so well-cared-for. If I were you I'd be out on that porch every day. We had some pork chops tonight on the old grill. Any grill yet at the new place? Things here are good. My garden looks pathetic but is still producing, but I swear I can feel a chill in the air at night. Oh yes. The PA winter is on its way back. So smart of y'all to flee.
that thing with the drawers next to your couch looks like a good time. when do you all get it.
The house is absolutely gorgeous! It rivals Casa de Bates!
And did I notice Mark driving with no shoes on? Isn't that against some law somewhere???
Melissa
I love your home! i'm super envious! i want arched entry ways and real wood floors and big windows! congrats..looks great!
tsmylie
Wow! Beautiful place! *Love* the floors and windows!! --sharon & micah
Post a Comment