Thursday, April 24, 2008

Howard Dean

Yesterday I sent Howard Dean, the Chairman of the Democratic National Committee, not to be confused with Jimmy Dean, the Chairman of all things sausage, the following email:

"I just wanted to let you know that if Obama wins the popular vote, states won, and pledged delegates yet the powers that be overturn the will of the people and nominate Clinton, there will be a outcry among the people. I would count myself as just one of many that would absolutely vote for McCain. If Clinton were to be nominated under those circumstances I would be convinced that the Democratic Party was profoundly corrupt, and votes mattered no more here than they do in Zimbabwe."

I have not heard back from him yet, but I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I care, but I am sure the entire polital system does not. It's corrupt and the system is entirely based on power. Sorry, I am a tad bit cynical after talking with powerful/influential people daily.

Anonymous said...

sorry babe...lindsay lohan doesn't count as powerful and influential...

Isis the Scientist said...

I could not agree with you more.

PS: Have I told you crazy kids that my dad is looking to relocate to Nashville? He was offered a job there and if they can work out the salary and what-not, he'll be headed eastwards. This means the Bateses would spend more time in your great state. Yee-haw.