As family and friends get more and more spread out, this is our way of letting you know what's going on in our life, in case you were wondering.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Nitpicky
This ad drives me (sarah) nuts. This kind of thing doesn't bother me at all in conversation or casual writing, but a national ad campaign? They should know better.
Funny thing is, though, I just had to read your comment twice to get the joke. Unless I'm grading papers, I usually gloss right over those kinds of mistakes... But this ad was too bad to ignore!
Terrible. If you're going to use a cliche at least use a grammatically correct cliche. (Conversely, if you're going to ignore the rules of grammar, please do so creatively).
3 comments:
I'm with you on this one. Whoever put this together should have consulted with THEIR grammar book before publishing. ;) ha-ha
Good one, Julie.
Funny thing is, though, I just had to read your comment twice to get the joke. Unless I'm grading papers, I usually gloss right over those kinds of mistakes... But this ad was too bad to ignore!
Terrible. If you're going to use a cliche at least use a grammatically correct cliche. (Conversely, if you're going to ignore the rules of grammar, please do so creatively).
Post a Comment