Sunday, January 01, 2006

2005 in review

I wanted to add a few things to the previous post, but Mark said I had to make my own, so here goes... Looking back at 2005, we accomplished a few things:
1. We have learned to accept winter, I think. I get to wear scarves (fun!) and Mark discovered cross country skiing. We still would like to be somewhere warmer, but once I resigned myself to being cold, I found that I noticed it a lot less.
2. I conceived of and drafted a book (kind of), which would feel like more of a major accomplishment if there wasn't so much more work to do on it...
3. While 2004 might have been the year of the home improvement projects, in 2005 we took DIY to a whole new level and learned
a. how to install a car stereo, ourselves
b. how to quarter and cook a whole chicken
c. how to groom Millie ourselves
As Mark likes to say, "I can do anything, but not to code." He's not clear on if he can't or won't, though.
4. We got motivated to make a blog, which you are reading right now.

No comments: