So, given that I will soon turn the big two seven and the sun is setting on my days of being a NYC socialite I thought I would ring in the new year one last time at Times Square. I mean what better place to be than in a crowd of millions of people standing in the cold 3 hours past my bed time. So that didn't happen, but Sarah and I did have a crazy day in central PA New Years eve started off with breakfast at a little diner outside of town. The food was really cheap, but there was an excess of little annoying signs like "Please keep your feet on the floor" "One free refill on the above drinks" which included coffee "Extra Jam 10c" and "No credit cards or checks". Sarah and I didn't talk about much, we were busy eves dropping on the booth behind Sarah. This guy talked for a solid 45 minutes without taking a breath about bears, and what made it even more impressive is that he did this 45 minute soliliquy while eating his breakfast.
After breakfast we came back to our cold home. Old houses have character, but they didn't use insulation then which is a bummer for us.
Then Sarah applied for some jobs and I provided moral support by watching TV. We now get the Speed channel and the Golf channel. I do not find this very useful since our Volvo is slow and I don't golf. Even if I had a fast car there is no place to golf here. The snow covers the course 14 months a year.
This took us to noon....12 more hours of 2005. So...We decided to spend the waning hours of 2005 at what else but Wal Mart. So, we made our list and off we went to the most hated store in all of America. I got a coke at the snack bar they were having a 25 cent sale. I think that is as close to the lottery as I will ever get.
I am not sure what happened after that, but the next thing I new it was 5:00 and there was only 7 more hours of 2005. In addition to 7 more hours of 2005 there was also only 1 more hour until Office Depot closed so we rushed across town to buy a 200 disc CD case because we were hit with the urge to organize and alphabetize our CD's with an urgency only paralled to that of a commuter with no restroom in sight. So we came back and organized our CD's, and I must say it was all too pleasurable.
5 more hours of 2005. So we watched a crime drama show and who knows what else and went to bed at 9. I suppose that is par for the course. I think I woke up around midnight when I heard some fireworks going on, but I was nesteled in the warmest place in the house. We got some flannel sheets. I wish someone would have told me about how warm those are two winters ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment