As family and friends get more and more spread out, this is our way of letting you know what's going on in our life, in case you were wondering.
Saturday, February 18, 2006
Arlington National cemetery
I just got done watching one of the Civil War videos by Ken Burns who did the epic documentary for PBS. Anyway, since we are so close to Gettysburg I wanted to go there before we left, but I wanted to brush up on my history before I went. But today I learned that Arlington National cemetery was established in Robert E. Lees front yard so that it would be a reminder to everyone who was responsible for the bloodshed of the Union army. Apparently the man who chose the site had served under Lee before the war and then developed a deep hatred for Lee when he went to fight for the Confederacy after the war began.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what if robert e lee were around today, he might be bummed to see all those dead guys in his front yard
p.s. to see those myspace pages go to www.myspace.com and enter in the search feild the name of the freind you want to find
alvis, allison, tiffany, stephan, megan, missy (mary seals)
Post a Comment