Wednesday, May 31, 2006

95 degrees...

... and I wish I had a pool.

or air conditioning.

After last week's frost warning (I kid you not -- our local radio station predicted snow in part of the listening area), State College is now in the midst of an epic heat wave: highest tempuratures in 70 years, almost the highest ever on record.

In good news, though, I've put away the fleece and been able to wear a skirt. Of course, after nearly 8 months with only my face and/or arms exposed to the sun, my legs looked a bit like this:


Oh, I exaggerate. My arms aren't that tan.

We had a nice time in West Virginia last weekend. The Duncans and the Hoyers were, as always, a delight to be around.

Four more weeks until Alaska and six until we move to TN!

3 comments:

Sarah and Mark said...

True, any day one gets to be self-righteous is a good day, no?

Similarly, when I get annoyed at wearing a sweaty and sometimes ill-fitting bike helmet, I just remind myself that everyone else is going to die of massive head trauma.
Of course, really, I just don't enjoy wearing a helmet. :)

Ferris Family said...

did I tell you that you that your future neighbors are CRAZY ?

Sarah and Mark said...

oh no, really?