Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Reasons you wish you were in D.C. last weekend:

1. Trader Joe's
Have you grocery shopped here? It took everything I had to not pick up every last item in the store to inspect its concept, content, nutritional info. They had pumpkin ice cream. And European chocolate. And apple chicken sausages. And all manner of strange and unusual gourmet items.

2. Ikea on a Saturday morning
just as many people as you might think. Still fun to walk around, though.

3. Jeremy and Jessica
hosts extrordinaire. It was nice to hang out with them AND they were gracious enough to let Millie come with us AND it turns out that Jessica (whom we know through Penn State) knew some people that we know.
We were sitting around the dinner table and we were talking about middle names. Someone at the table had a directional middle name (West), so I mentioned my friend Melissa North. Melissa North M__, I said. "Oh," Jessica spoke up, "I know Melissa M__" She went to my high school! (Although we know Jessica from Penn State, she went to high school in Tallahassee). Laughs and exclamations of coincidence all around.
Then I said, "she's marrying someone named Nahum next weekend." "Nahum B__?" she asked. Now I was a little weirded out. "Yes, Nahum B__" I answered. "He volunteered at my church youth group" she said.
Now how about that. I thought those of you who are friends of Melissa and Nahum might appreciate that...

4. Hilary and Flo



We had a very nice dinner with my old and dear friend Hilary on Saturday. We grilled out. She showed me the wonders of Trader Joe's. Millie played with her greyhound, Flo.

5. Sheetz Subs

My new favorite thing about driving anywhere is getting a sub at Sheetz. Yum.

6. Overall Nice Time

It was a great weekend, and on our way back to State College, we stopped somewhere with a famous address. More on that later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you forgot to say that we knew each other since we were six! What the heck?!!! Ha ha, just kidding. Love you guys! Hilary :)

Anonymous said...

my sister is a big trader joe's fan, she shops there every week. it seems like it would be a job to shop there every week

Sarah and Mark said...

Hilary --
How could I have forgotten! If I had been really ambitious I might have searched for a picture from when we were six to upload! Thanks for your wonderful hospitality!

Ben--
I can't imagine shopping at Trader Joe's every week. I felt like I had to stop and pick up Every Single Item. It would take me hours!
Do you have any pictures from the big wedding weekend? Mary said it was beautiful!