Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Prize

As Sarah mentioned before we are offering a prize to the person that can find me my replacement plaid shirt. I have thought about what the prize should be, and have settled on $100 U.S. dollars to be paid in person in Chattanooga. Thats right, the fine print says that the prize must be picked up in Chattanooga. So basically we are paying our friends to come see us.
So, the contest will be judge according to fit, texture, color, and cut. If you are wondering about size, I am about 4 inches taller than my friend Ben who was the stunt dubble for Frodo in Lord of the Rings.
The early favorites in the contest are Pearl from San Francisco. I bet she will have multiple entries. The only problem, is that the thrift stores in California might not have enough old person clothes, and she might miss on the age of the item. Melissa from PA, will be a contender. She is a resourceful and determined individual, but she is pregnant, so that might slow her down. Alyson, from Florida will be in the running. She might just sew me a new one if she can find the fabric. Alyson is not pregnant, but she has two kids so that might hamstring her chances. Then there are some wildcards, Ben in Denver, relatives in Florida, Courtney in Germany, and thrift store veteran Mary from down the street.

Good luck to all. Entries will be profiled on the site.

5 comments:

Ferris Family said...

You'd better not discriminate against me because I live here. Just because you want some out of town guests is no excuse for unfairness. If I win, then I win, I mean $100 is $100 and I have a baby to feed and clothe and immunize! I apologize, really, I hope the best schert (sic) wins.

Anonymous said...

the thing about frodo is that he was the tallest of hobbits, at least in character and fortitude.

p.s. i think you should be getting me a shirt since you threw mine away.

Anonymous said...

your town made the today show this morning. Chatanooga was cited as having some of the cheapest gas in the country. time for a road trip?

Anonymous said...

First of all, I found you a new shirt about a year ago. I actually saw the shirt at Sal. Army, thought of you, bought it, went to Publix, saw an old man wearing the shirt, thought of you again, went home and gave said shirt to P-Diddy. It would have been perfect for you except it was too big. If you want to see it, go to his Myspace page. He is wearing it in the profile picture.

Also, I do not think the stunt "dubble" for Gimli should be cracking on Frodo's stunt double.

Anonymous said...

Yes...I am a contender. Although I will require an address to which I can send said shirt. And the $100 will not be necessary...I gotta help a brother out.