I don't know if anyone is wondering, but I got a motorcycle. If you don't care you should skip this post.
So one of the guys I work with gave me a motorcycle. This summer Sarah and I took a class where they teach you to ride, and as we were going through the class my office mate told me about an old bike that has been sitting around his house for years. He said I would be doing him a favor if I took it from him, so I obliged. I also helped him roof his house, but that is a separate favor. Anyway, it took us about 2 1/2 hours but we finally got it over to our house. The bike does not currently run so I could not drive it over, so the two of us had to lift it into the back of his truck. Ramps would have been useful, but there were no ramps in sight. This process was further complicated by the fact that the rear wheel is frozen in place. So we finally got it over here and I am looking forward to it warming up enough for me to see if I can get it started. I have found a couple of good websites which I expect will guide me through the process. One of the websites tells me that a bike that has been sitting for a while and was not properly prepared to sit will often freeze up. Apparently the piston rings will rust to the cylinder. If I find this to be the case then I will probably sell what parts I can on Ebay and give the rest to the garage next door. So, whenever it warms up I will probably see if I can get it to turn over. I really just want to work on it and see if it will run. The last thing I want to do is ride a 1979 Kawasaki that I "restored". If nothing else maybe I will learn a little more about engines and have fun taking something apart that it doesn't matter if I can get back together.
1 comment:
Mark,
it's probably best if you don't ride it much anyway, since it won't be repaired to code.
Post a Comment